PART-TIME SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Tenants and Workers United - Inquilinos y Trabajadores Unidos
Are you passionate about social justice? Do you believe in the power of community organizing? Are you creative and skilled at social media?
Tenants and Workers United is seeking a part-time social media intern to support our growing digital presence. TWU has a 30+ year history of organizing low-income communities of color to build power and win local change across northern Virginia. We organize youth, workers, women, and immigrants to advance social and racial justice.
Social Media Intern Responsibilities:
- Dedicate at least 10 hours a week to this work
- Collaborate with members of our team to strategically use social media to amplify our message, raise awareness about our social justice campaigns, and engage with community members to take action
- Develop a social media content calendar
- Create and publish social media content for our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Help create graphics on Canva, as needed
- Engage our audience and increase number of followers with engaging and well-timed social media content
- Interact with our followers through the organization’s social pages by answering questions and communicating information
- Brainstorm additional strategies for increasing our online presence
- Monitor posts to ensure our brand is consistent
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience with digital publishing and generating traffic on social media
- Experience using Canva
- Strong commitment to social and racial justice
- Ability to collaborate within a team and take direction from a supervisor
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet project deadlines
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- A minimum 6 month commitment to this position
Salary and Benefits:
This position is part-time and unpaid. Exceptional performance during the initial internship period may lead to a paid opportunity.
How to Apply:
Please send the following to [email protected]:
- Cover letter
- 3 references
- If available, at least 3 samples of your social media work
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please, no phone calls.
Position is open immediately until filled.
Work can be remote.
TWU is a non-profit organization based in Alexandria, VA.