Thank you for your interest in TWU! We are hiring!
Community Service Navigator
Full-time, Eastern Prince William County
Are you passionate about helping your community? Are you looking for a way to get involved during this dual health and economic crisis? Then this may be the position for you!
For 35+ years, Tenants and Workers United (TWU) has been organizing and building power among low-income communities of color to win changes that advance social justice and improve our quality of life in Northern Virginia. As a result of COVID-19 and the economic crisis, TWU has expanded our programming to include service navigation, which helps community members access existing resources to meet their basic needs. As an organization, we are simultaneously organizing people to change oppressive systems while helping them address their most immediate needs.
We are seeking a Community Service Navigator in eastern Prince William County to provide service navigation and direct support to individuals and families directly impacted by COVID-19.
- Conduct door-to-door community outreach to identify individual and community needs
- Remain knowledgeable about services and resources, including qualifications and how to apply
- Conduct educational outreach about existing resources related to health, housing, and more
- Assist community members in submitting complete applications for resources including, but not limited to: food, rental assistance, mortgage assistance, health care services, legal services, vaccine appointments, and mental health care
- Provide ongoing service navigation and follow-up support to community members in need
- Handle all interactions with cultural and linguistic competency and respect
- Maintain a complete and accurate database of any and all outreach contacts
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all communications with those receiving service navigation
- Organize and manage virtual and in-person community meetings and events
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Highly organized, attention to detail, and accurate and complete data entry
- Basic computer skills including data entry, Google Drive, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Word
- Ability to work with others as a team, accept constructive feedback, and maintain a growth mindset
- Timely and efficient in responding to clients and effectively addressing their needs
- Experience working with the most impacted low-income immigrant communities of color
- An understanding of the social justice issues that disproportionately impact low-income communities of color and immigrants
- A flexible schedule (must be available evenings and some weekends)
Salary and Benefits:
This position is full-time. Salary starts at $40,000, commensurate with experience. The employer of record is New Virginia Majority, which provides excellent benefits, including health, vision, and dental, as well as stipends for phone and transportation.
How to apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Evelin Urrutia, TWU Executive Director, at [email protected]
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to applicants whose candidacy is not being pursued. No phone calls, please.
Tenants and Workers United is an equal opportunity employer. TWU recruits, hires, trains, and promotes without regard to race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability condition, or marital status. TWU hires employees based upon qualifications, experience, and training required for successful performance of the job as defined in the written job description.